Friday 18 May 2007

Introduction

Who is Ragle and why does he want to start a blog? There are already enough blogs out there aren't there? You can read blogs about everything; from bored teenagers to even more bored housewives (in some countries these two may be the same).

Ragle Gumm is a fictional character from a Philip K Dick book called "Time Out of Joint". I found the name appropriate because everything around him is an illusion. I won't reveal any more in case you decide to read the book yourself (which I highly recommend along with anything else by PKD). The name leads on to why I decided to write a blog. I think I've reached an age in life where very little makes any sense. Perhaps I think too much. Anyway, I decided it was finally time to put some of my rants down onto paper (or in this case CRT; I hate LCD, but I've never tried LSD). Blogging is a brilliantly anonymous way to express yourself, and if bored married teenagers who live in countries who's name I can't pronounce can do it, then so can I!

I've had a few ideas about my first few posts and, mainly for my own sake so I won't forget, I'll list them as follows;

The Media (specifically 24 hour news)
Subscription based software (my current pet-hate)
World of Borecraft and my continuing temptation to play it
EVE Online and my continuing temptation to stop playing it

OK, that's enough for now. Stay tuned...


2 comments:

AeonOfTime said...

Hey, good luck with your blog. And you should not stop playing EVE - I found it to be the most satisfying massive multiplayer online game. I agree that monthly subscriptions are evil, but the fun I am having with it is worth it in my own, humble opinion.

Ragle said...

I doubt I'll leave. Sometimes I get a little frustrated with it though. But currently, it's the best MMOG out there by a long shot.